Beauty starts from the inside out. This week, we speak with Elaine Morrison, founder of Elaine Wellness on The Mamaverse Podcast. Elaine is sharing her journey and what sparked her to get into the world of supplements to help with promoting healthy living. Elaine is no stranger to the health demands of being a mom. It’s part of this journey that she is sharing in this episode. You won’t want to miss it.
From the “American diet” to birth control pills, we dig into all things that could be setting you back from a healthier lifestyle. Elaine has studied the way we eat and identifies nutritional deficiencies that are harming our overall health.
What We Covered:
- Elaine’s personal autoimmune struggle with Hashimoto's Disease.
- The importance of listening to your body and what it’s trying to tell you.
- The connection between your gut and immune system.
- The effect of birth control on your hormones.
- The various other effects birth control has on your body.
- Different diets and what they lack.
- Collagen: What it is and why you need it.
Meet Elaine Morrison
Elaine Morrison is a certified pilates instructor and in 2013 her health took a nosedive, which led her to start building a healthier lifestyle from within. Elaine took a strong interest in her health, while still working as a pilates instructor her body began to experience fatigue. While reading Sara Gottfried’s “The Hormone Cure, she had an epiphany and discovered exactly why she wasn’t shedding the weight even after she changed her diet. The cause happened to be a thyroid autoimmune disorder called Hashimoto’s. After this discovery Elaine helps women redefine how they think about aging and beauty by sharing the importance from starting within