This week we chatted with Onnie Michalsky on The Mamaverse Podcast. We’re excited to dig into the how’s and why’s of perfectionism and what we can do to let it go. Constantly trying to thrive for perfection and those high expectations can be draining, but with Onnie’s help, we discover how we can overcome that mindset and defeat feeling like a failure.
Onnie empowers moms to escape the do-it-all mentality and break through the limiting beliefs that are keeping them from becoming their best self. She knows the importance of feeling your best, so she shares tips on how you can start to let go. Dive into this important and exciting topic with us by listening to today’s episode.
What We Covered:
- The link between perfectionism and mom guilt.
- Tips for getting past our excuses.
- Our tendency to compare yourself to others and how you can shift that perspective.
- The difference between therapy and coaching.
- Finding what it means to be our best self and how to live that life.
- Onnie’s three tips for letting go of perfectionism.
Meet Onnie Michalsky
Onnie Michalsky serves over scheduled, overextended, and overwhelmed moms who struggle with putting themselves on their to-do list. She guides them on how to navigate the feelings of motherhood while getting time for themselves so that they can rediscover who they are underneath their mom-hat. She is a licensed professional therapist and a wellness coach. When she’s not counseling, coaching, or helping moms, she can be found hanging out with her six kiddos, going on dates with her husband of 22 years, or curled up on her back deck with a good book.