Beauty isn’t skin deep. With Eczema Coach Tamae Takahashi, we are peeling back the layers to learn more about beauty from the inside out. Yes Mama, you can heal your eczema (and your little one’s too) holistically! First, let’s take a look at what we mean by Eczema. Eczema is a skin condition that shows up on the crease of your elbows, behind your knees, on your neck, and even your eyelids. It typically presents where you have sensitive skin and is dry, itchy, or scaly in appearance.
Did you know that upwards of 10% of adults and 20% of children in the US have eczema? That equates to about 1 out of 10 children. Some children outgrow theirs as they age. So, really, eczema is much more common than we think it is. Seeing as many people have this skin condition throughout their lives, we can sometimes see resistance to topical treatments. This is what has sent Tamae on a mission to help heal people, and their skin from the inside out.
What We Covered:
- Detox from the inside out. Consume more organics
- Topical Steroid Withdrawal: When your skin actually becomes addicted to the topical steroid prescription treatments.
- Topical steroids are a bandaid and not an actual treatment.
- Eat a wide variety of vegetables and look into their nutritional content. Brown rice is more detoxifying than white. Red beans are helpful as well.
- Conventional meats can have antibiotics and different chemicals that you are indirectly consuming.
- One cause of the increase in eczema is having antibiotics prescribed easily today. They can change your gut microbiome.
- Reducing toxic load that can relieve symptoms of eczema
- Eczema triggers
- Fast food
- Toxicity in personal care products around you
- Reduce inflammatory load in body with nutrition
As an Eczema coach, Tamae Takahashi helps people struggling to heal Eczema improve their overall wellness with a holistic approach. Through private 1:1 coaching sessions, Tamae looks at clients' health history, nutrition and lifestyle to make recommendations that will help improve their eczema. After working with her, Tamae’s clients will be able to live a life that's not controlled by their skin condition.
The Mamaverse Links: