Welcome back Mama! Do you struggle with your weight, or your perception of yourself? Have you been struggling to “bounce back” after having kids? Or have you been waiting for a sign to start a new or maintain a healthy diet? If so, this episode of The Mamaverse Podcast is for you. Cheryl McColgan, founder of Heal, Nourish, Grow, goes deep into fasting and the benefits of the keto diet for women.
We know diving into a new diet can be challenging and overwhelming, especially one that mentions fasting. With her 25 plus years of experience, Cheryl McColgan shares tips on how you can ease into a healthier lifestyle, and overcome fitness and nutrition obstacles. Her approach uses small changes over time rather than wholesale change, which is great for busy moms like us! We also get a chance to hear her personal story on how her dad’s cancer sparked her research on Nobel Prize winner, Yoshinori Ohsumi.
What We Covered:
- How to maintain weight loss and implement real change in your life by making small changes, one at a time.
- The Health benefits of a low carb diet.
- The Keto diet and its advantages.
- Tips on starting a low carb diet
- Fasting and whether it’s healthy for women.
- How to incorporate and benefit from fasting by incorporating it into your diet.
Meet Cheryl McColgan
Cheryl is the founder and editor of Heal Nourish Grow, an ultimate wellness, healthy lifestyle and advanced nutrition site. She helps others develop the confidence and habits to create lasting change and greater health by sharing her wealth of knowledge and over 25 years of experience in psychology, addictions studies, fitness, nutrition, yoga, meditation, overall health and wellness.