We cannot wait for you to hear this episode. In The Mamaverse Episode number five, we are bringing you Bethany Gettis! Get ready for this one, Bethany is a highly dynamic and internationally known certified, holistic nutritional consultant. Bethany’s focus is to guide busy moms to their optimum lives through nutrition.
If you are a busy mom, you know how easy it is to let our own nutrition slide as we focus on the health and wellness of our families. Bethany starter focusing on holistic nutrition after working at a diet clinic where clients weren’t achieving optimum results. She wanted to learn and teach others how to create an intuitive and sustainable outlook on eating and nutrition. Bethany has found through her extensive work that many people, including moms, have outdated beliefs on food. Couple this with food being a very emotional part of our lives, moms face an uphill challenge nutritionally speaking.
Let’s dive in and see what Bethany has to say!
What We Covered:
- Holistic means looking at the full body mind, body, and spirit.
- Eating and food habits are oftentimes picked up from childhood and learned from parents.
- Holistic nutrition approach unpacks the stories around food which oftentimes stem from safety, scarcity, worthiness.
- It can take months or years to unpack and rewire thinking about food and eating.
- Kids naturally eat intuitively because they do not have emotions attached to eating and food. They will eat until they are full and they will generally eat a more balanced diet even when sweets, and snacks are offered. They know what they want and like.
- Holistic nutrition for your family starts with parents and moms. We need to give permission to moms to take care of themselves and do what they need so they can be their best for their family.
- Avoids burnout and resentment.
Tip 1: Keep food neutral and not charged with emotions. We want to offer and teach kids how to choose and eat healthy but not restrict to the point where they desire only the restricted “bad” foods.
Tip 2: Moms, don’t wait to start your journey of holistic nutrition! Take baby steps. Something simple as drinking more water instead of sodas and juices can make a big impact on your overall health.
Bethany Gettis is a highly dynamic Internationally known Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant™ and REAL Food Advocate. Bethany is focused on guiding busy, health-conscious mothers to their own optimum healthy lifestyle through nutrition while creating constant holistic balance and harmony.